Author Topic: The official David Immerglück Thread  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Simon

• Papa\' Crow
  • Administrator
The official David Immerglück Thread
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:44:40 PM »
David Immerglück

David Immerglück is a multi-instrumentalist who is probably best known as a guitar player for adult alternative band Counting Crows and alternative rock band Camper Van Beethoven. He also is a member of Monks of Doom, a side project of Camper Van Beethoven. He has also performed with a wide range of other artists, including John Hiatt, Chantal Kreviazuk, Elan Sara Defan, and Sordid Humor. Immerglück was nominated for a Grammy award in 2001 for his work on the John Hiatt album Crossing Muddy Waters.

Source

Offline LarryLars

• One for Sorrow
The official David Immerglück Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 05:00:28 AM »
I'm assuming that Immy is the guy that plays the pedal steel.  Does anyone know what kind of pedal steel that would be?  and what tuning he uses?

Offline john52il

Re: The official David Immerglück Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
Not sure I ever mentioned this on Crowstown.

I saw Cracker and Big Head Todd and Camper Van Beethoven (well CVB played but I missed their set) on New Year's Eve 12-31-11 and Immy was playing pedal/slide guitar for basically the whole set. Made my night!!
I need a raincoat \'cause I am the Rain King.

Offline duritzfan13

• Two for Mirth
  • www.annabegins.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 09:40:09 PM »
Just throwing this out there.. Immy plays pedal steel on a new Yellowcard song called "Ten." I love his work on it. Beautiful song too!

Offline randallanddarcy

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »
Many years ago (Washington, DC, October 2002, folks), Immy wrote down his email address and the URL of a fan site dedicated to him on a map of George Washington University (where the venue was located), for me. He seemed in equal parts perplexed and amused someone would do a website dedicated to him! I haven't looked at it in years, but it was www.gimmyimmy.com.
38 Crows shows and counting...
2002: 5 shows.
2003: 9 shows.
2004: 7 shows.
2008: 1 show.
2009: 6 shows.
2013: 3 shows.
2014: 6 shows.
2015: 1 show.

anything