Author Topic: Saturday Nights & Sunday Morning, The New Album  (Read 22350 times)

Offline cmigs

• I am the rain king.
Saturday Nights & Sunday Morning, The New Album
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 09:44:45 PM »
Tuesdays in Amsterdam? Would love to see that recorded, always loved that live version.

Offline shtooper

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2007, 04:17:43 AM »
That list is legit... although I think the order has changed... it comes from a REALLY good source... also, apparently they recorded a couple of other songs (sessions, suffocate, there goes everything, sunday morning la and an acoustic version of come around or something) that were cut.

Offline Rob

• smoke & rain
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 04:21:58 AM »
i'm excited to hear a new version of 1492 also! it's gonna be a long couple of months!

Offline jane.d

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 12:46:55 PM »
Maybe those songs that were cut are going to be B-sides? *fingers crossed*

Offline shtooper

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
I mistitled that one song... it's not there goes everything, it's "think about everything."

Offline deron11

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 01:19:23 AM »
Come Around makes me really escited for this record.

Offline jpn615

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 07:57:08 PM »
Tuesday in Amsterdam is a beautiful song.  I really hope that makes the record.  

Also, they played a song called Sundays back in the Viper Room in 1998, and played it along with She Don't Want Nobody Near.  However, the recording of Sundays was terrible quality, and no one seems to know anything about the song.  If it is true that they dug this song up and recorded it, that's awesome.  

However, with songs such as Los Angeles, Sundays, Washington Sq., Come Around, 1492, and Suffocate on this record, it'll almost be like Pearl Jam's Lost Dogs.  I don't care though, each of those songs that I have heard is awesome.  I can't wait for this.  

Hey, maybe they'll get around to releasing the recorded studio versions of My Love, Here Comes That Feeling Again (which is on the website), and Good Luck one of these days.  Each song was completed and is just sitting around in some studio somewhere waiting to be released.

Offline estrella

• One for Sorrow
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2007, 09:56:01 PM »
Quote from: cmigs;7361
Tuesdays in Amsterdam? Would love to see that recorded, always loved that live version.

i was hoping that one would make the record too...we'll see

Quote from: jpn615;7740

Hey, maybe they'll get around to releasing the recorded studio versions of My Love, Here Comes That Feeling Again (which is on the website), and Good Luck one of these days.  Each song was completed and is just sitting around in some studio somewhere waiting to be released.

i really like that one a lot too. first time i heard it, i felt like i knew it, you know what i mean?
maybe that will be a "hidden track" on the new album...yeah, right...hehehe. well, who knows? maybe, eh?

Offline jpn615

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 11:22:04 PM »
Quote from: estrella;7749
i was hoping that one would make the record too...we'll see

i really like that one a lot too. first time i heard it, i felt like i knew it, you know what i mean?
maybe that will be a "hidden track" on the new album...yeah, right...hehehe. well, who knows? maybe, eh?

Yeah, I doubt it would be a b-side.  It was recorded with Here Comes That Feeling Again back in 2000 to be on a movie soundtrack, so a studio version exists.  Usually studio b-sides are only the cuts that didn't make that specific record.  

But, hey, we can dream, can't we?  My Love rocks.

Offline jpn615

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 12:07:12 AM »
Oh yeah, wasn't the song Closer To You also recorded?  I think they were putting that on a soundtrack or something, weren't they?  

And I dunno what I was getting at with the b-side thing.  I meant hidden track.  

And I was also thinking, maybe the re-released AAEA will have some form of Open All Night.  That's a great song.  Sorry to go off-topic.

Offline jpn615

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2007, 11:40:58 PM »
Quote from: Tim77;7347
im really hoping goodluck makes its way onto a cd. I doubt itll be this one but man that song rules and should be released.

Here's hoping for a deluxe re-release of RTS.

Offline beavischulo

• Three for a Wedding
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2007, 12:26:04 AM »
i agree about good luck. i like it alot

Offline philjw

• boy who looks like elvis
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »
According to a couple of fans over on the official who attended the Wappingers Falls concert last Saturday, Adam mentioned that the album will be released on November 6, which corresponds with the date given earlier on that board.

Phil

Offline jpn615

• Two for Mirth
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
Quote from: jane.d;7391
Maybe those songs that were cut are going to be B-sides? *fingers crossed*

Oh how sweet it would be.  The last three record had great songs that didn't make it (BIABST for TDL, GDTNYT for HC, Chelsea for RTS).  They were released in one form or another, and I have bought each of them.  If they release Suffocate or any of the other songs that didn't make it as a b-side, bonus track, on a soundtrack, or whatever, you can bet I'll buy it right up.  I need to have every song.

Offline CCrows78

• Your Party Sucks
    • http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 08:08:12 AM »
Rolling Stone has a short bit about the record in their fall preview.  Here's the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/16296997/fall_music_preview_2007_bruce_spr/photo/19/large
Matt

"I don\'t like raisins...they\'re really just humiliated grapes" - Benny & Joon

"I\'m always home, I\'m uncool.  The only true currency in this world is what you share with someone when you\'re uncool" - Almost Famous

http://www.fadingdaylights.blogspot.com